Monday, February 21, 2011

Things Always Change.

Tonight sitting on the step of my door, I unknowingly followed the path of a particular star. A red one to be exact. Initially, I could focus on the star by staring straight ahead. However, as time and conversation went on, I would check back for the friend I'd made in this star and without realizing it, each time I looked at it I needed to crane my neck just a tiny bit more than before. It was moving.

It, was moving!

See the thing is, the earth is always rotating, but so slow that we as mere human beings cannot perceive it. But although we cannot detect it naturally, it is something that is always happening. The earth will always be rotating, though we do not acknowledge its every millimeter of movement.

Symbolic? I believe so. Things; circumstances, places, people, will always be changing and being altered in that ever so slight and subtle way that goes easily unnoticed... But regardless, it is inevitable. Inevitable. What a word.

The only thing that doesn't change is the fact that everything changes.
Oh, and Jesus.

A short post, a short post indeed.

2 comments:

  1. Ahh short post. I mentally prepared myself for some essay goodness. Short, but good.

    "The only thing that doesn't change is the fact that everything changes.
    Oh, and Jesus."

    LOL

    ReplyDelete